Find the perfect balance and give your libido a jolt with these yogasanas.
The ancient art of yoga has always taught us to take life one deep breath at a time. With the sheer chaos all of us face on a dailybasis, yoga can help strengthen your bond with your partner. Here are some fabulous poses to get your libido to wake up and smell the coffee.
Cat-cow fl ow
“The fl ow between the cat and cow pose is an
effective self-massage for the spinal column, and it also strengthens the mula bandha or the pelvic floor muscles,” says Delhi-based yoga instructor Mansi Mahajan. Get into it 1. Start on all fours on the floor with your arms shoulder-width apart and knees hip-width apart.
2. Arch the back, bringing your belly to the fl oor while pushing your head and tailbone towards the ceiling, making a curve (cow).
3. Then tuck your belly in while curving your back, doing the exact opposite by bringing your hips and neck closer to the fl oor while extending your spine towards the ceiling (cat).
Downward facing dog
Supreet Sapra, yoga instructor and founder of Yog’Aloha, Navi Mumbai, says not only does this pose tone the muscles, it is also sexy in itself and will leave you feeling strong, supple and relaxed. Get into it
1. Start on all fours, with your weight evenly distributed.
2. Slowly stretch your elbows and lift your knees off the fl oor as you straighten your legs.
3. Make sure your pelvis is tucked in, as your glutes stretch towards the ceiling. Keep your neck relaxed and drop your head towards the fl oor.
BOUND ANKLE POSE
founder of Rajshree Yoga, Mumbai,[DONT FOLLOW THE IMAGE IT HAS SOME VARIATION TRY AS GIVEN BELOW]swears by this one. “We hold a lot of pent-up anger in our hip area, and if we don’t do any sort of physical activity to flush it out, we are stuck with a stagnant pelvis. That’sdefinitely no good for sex,” she says.
GET INTO IT:
1. Sit on the floor with your back straight.
2. Place your feet together with the soles touching, making a diamond shape with your legs.
3. Now start pulling your heels towards your body while keeping your back straight and exhale.
Holding this pose requires poise and steadiness. Your mind has to focus, says Mahajan. Also, when you release your legs, all the blood comes fl ooding pleasurably back through the cervix. Get into it
1. Find your balance on your left/right foot. Slowly wrap the other leg around the fl at leg and tuck the foot in on the calf, wherever you can reach.
2. Once you fi nd your comfortable balance zone, bring your pelvis lower as if you are taking a seat.
3. Inhale and cross the left arm over the right, fold forearms at elbow, wrap around each other to bring palms together. Slightly lift your elbows while keeping your palms together for that sweet stretch on your back.
Happy baby releases the lower back, sacrum and glutes, and stretches the hamstrings and spine. Get into it
1. Lie on your back, lift your legs off the fl oor in a split position. Slowly pull your knees towards your shoulders.
2. Use your hands to hold your legs in place; tuck your hands on the soles of your feet or hold behind your knee for better grip.
3. Once you fi nd stability, lengthen your spine and push your lower back flatter on the floor.